Wearing the right colours for your skin hair and eyes can enhance your natural colouring and bring your features alive as well as visually reducing blemishes, clean up the complexion and give you a more youthful appearance and who doesn’t want a bit of that!
Wearing colours that don’t work for you can create an appearance and complexion that is ageing or hard. It could be said that wearing the wrong colours can mis-represent who you are, even how you feel.
How To Establish Your Skin Tone-
We are all born with either a BLUE (cool) undertone in our skin or a more YELLOW (warm) undertone and it is from this that we can establish the most flattering colours to wear, next to the face or as a complete look
Take the test-
Take a look at the inside of your wrist or forearm to see if the skin has a blue tint (indicating a cool undertone) to it or a yellow-green (indicating a warm undertone)
1. Take off any traces of makeup and look into the natural daylight with a hand-held mirror
2. Wear a white shirt or hold a piece of white paper to your face.
3. If your skin tone in contrast to the white looks YELLOW or a warm golden, then you have WARM undertones to your skin which means you will look best wearing warmer colours.
4. If your face looks BLUE to pinkish, your skin tone is COOL which means you will look best wearing cooler colours
5. If your skin is a mix of blue and green you have a NEUTRAL skin tone which means you can wear a mixture of both warm and cool colours!
6.You can also do the same with GOLD or SILVER fabric. Gold being great for warm skin tones and Silver for cool.
YOUR HAIR coloring will be- coppery brown, dark brown, chestnut or dark golden blond, red, dark or light auburn.
Your eyes will be- hazel, pale green or blue.
Your complexion will be- golden brown, yellow beige, peach or ivory. you may have freckles & tan easily
WARM colour suggestions- Bronze, burnt orange, red, yellows, rose, brown, blues and golden shades.
Your hair coloring will be-black, dark brown, brunette, ash blonde silver grey or white
Your eyes will be- dark brown, green, hazel or dark blue
Your complexion will be- black, olive, fair, rosy or pale and your skin often burns in the sun
COOL colour suggestions- Purples, red, dark green, plum, ruby, royal blue, teal, black, aubergine
Book a colour analysis in the comfort of your own home and find the best colours to wear against your face, in clothing, accessories and makeup. Find out how colour can be used to impact your work and personal life!
See What People Say!
Schedule An Appointment!